Friday, September 12, 2008

Scone Redemption Day

I am doing a week of veganism starting today, since I heard dairy makes allergies more annoying. It is time for a batch of vegan scones at work today since the last ones I made were dairy-ful and didn't turn out the exact way I wanted. A bit crumbly. Think I'll go with my favorite, vegan blackberry. Maybe add a little cardamom in honor of Kate's Blackberry cake w/ Peanut Butter Cardamom Frosting. And dip them in peanut butter! Wait, I guess peanut butter dipped scones wouldn't be for everyone. It's Friday so I'm going to make something special for the weekend crowd. Maybe another batch of Whoopie Pies. I've never done anything with coffee in baking so that's an idea. This weekend I am going to GET DOWN with baking in my own kitchen. I'm telling you now I make a mean biscuit.

No comments: