Saturday, September 13, 2008

MotherF*$%in' Biscuits N Gravy


Here is a picture of the Biscuits and Gravy I made this morning. Well, if you look really close, the vegan baking powder biscuits are in the yellow cloth on the stove. I forgot to take a picture of my plate. I was hungry. We had biscuits with Gimme Lean sausage patties (I'm not a huge fan of fake meat but this stuff is very porky and delicious), eggs (when I said a week of veganism I meant a week of no dairy...dammit I love eggs), and nutritional yeast gravy, which is the recipe that follows:



Nutritional Yeast Gravy

1/2 C Nutritional Yeast

1 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard

1/2 tsp Salt

1 1/2 tsp Tamari


2 T Flour

1 C Water

2 tsp Olive Oil

Whisk all ingredients together, bring to a gentle boil. Turn down to a simmer and keep whisking until desired consistency is reached. It thickens quickly. Pour over everything.


No comments: