Sunday, September 28, 2008

CornTheme/Dead Chipmunk


Grilled corn on the cob is very good buttered and sprinkled with cayenne pepper.

My sister and I made a delicious salad last night with a nice La Brea brand wheat loaf. It was very enjoyable, as noted in the picture to the left. She actually whipped up a dressing that was fu&*in fantastic: Sabra classic hummus+flax oil+dijon mustard+honey+soy ginger dressing.

I dislike pancakes very much, but this might help. My friend Alex sent me this advice:

"Daun:
I saw your food blog ... AWESOME. So, I thought I'd share with you a tip for Vegan pancakes that I figured out this weekend. It's just a word. And the word is "Polenta." Just 1/2 cup of cooked polenta for every 1.5 cups of flour, not extra liquid needed." (Alex is a lawyer and will be disbarred if he lies, so I might try it.)

When I got home from the flea market today, there was a freshly killed chipmunk on my kitchen floor. Poor little dude.

1 comment:

ally. said...

i love this post the bestest. i didn't know you hated pancakes as much as you hate withered old dried grapes. good tip for addin polenta log.
i love the picture of chris. he is happy with salad.

REN FAIR! REN FAIR! REN FAIR!