Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chicken Fried ____!


My friend Leah told me that she once went to an enormous country buffet, and being a vegetarian, there wasn't much she could eat. But one thing she could, and did eat was Chicken Fried Corn on the Cob. I started thinking about what makes something "Chicken Fried" and decided that it had to have breading and gravy. So yesterday when I was snowed in and had to make due with what I had in the cupboards, this is what I came up with: A new twist on a cheap ass country fried meal. Fish Sticks, Gravy, n Biscuits. And some old tomatoes thrown in to pretend I'm not completely throwing caution to the wind. I didn't even eat those little tomatoes.

2 comments:

ally. said...

oh the biscuits....oh the steam...not the fish sticks.
i loooove this picture. it is the dirty food plate.

ally. said...

by the way, i loved your pound cake. very tasty and moistness. everything was a hit!