Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pad Honky



My friend Sal gave me a recipe for some Pad Thai recently. I wanted his recipe because somehow he makes it really delicious without using fish sauce. I LOVE fish sauce, and I thought pad thai couldn't really be made without it. I wanted to know and understand the magical mystical ingredient that made Sal's pad thai so convincingly authentic tasting. Here it is: ketchup. The recipe asked me to consider what kind of honky I was, and the answer I came up with was: If ketchup can taste this delicious, please consider me Queen Honky. Not that I needed any convincing...I put it on mac and cheese for chrissakes. So instead of including the recipe, I am going to further enlighten you in the ketchup realm. Put it on:

Eggs
Grilled Cheese
ANY patty shaped food (and I mean it)
anything yellow, really. think about it.
anything deep fried (hush puppies, etc.)
Dumplings
any form of potato or potato stuffed food
ALL stuffed food

So I guess this is the beginning of ketchup month.

4 comments:

ally. said...

well finally a blog from the mysterious, elusive daun. yum. ketchup weekend?

Unknown said...

mmmm! i love ketchup. i made some this fall. i need to bring you some!

Elissa said...

Just so you know Ketchup=Delicious all the time

Staplegun Funaro said...

but have you tried this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_ketchup