Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day 2009



My new KitchenAid mixer got beat in by Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting on Xmas Day. The recipe was from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World," which is a dinky little cookbook that holds the best vegan cake recipes I have ever come across. My mixer also came with a dough hook, which has been in high demand in my biscuit-obsessed life. This appliance is magical.

My sister came to stay with me on New Year's Eve and we whipped out some black bean burgers from the Veganomicon. They tasted just like White Castles, and the only thing missing was pickle. So if you have a White Castle loving vegan in your life (?) seek out this recipe.

Iggy's Canine Cakery is a hobby of mine, and I made a canine-friendly cake that is very fancy for a dog named Lucy. If you are interested, or know someone who may be, please email me! The cakes are very cute, and contain organic, local ingredients, so spoil your dog!

Today was a beautiful First Day of the Year, and I am looking forward to all the new things to bake and cook this year. My New Year's Food Resolution is to eat more raw and deep-fried foods. Happy New Year.



1 comment:

ally. said...

this is the most graphic filled blog post you have ever cranked out. lovely.