Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ballantine's Day


Yesterday was my mom's birthday, and I made this vanilla cake for her. It is a little double layer six-inch with orange MARMALADE in the middle. I know. good lord. It was so enjoyable, but I don't remember much because I went into a sugar coma after the first piece. We ate at Little Tibet before that and I had Lhamo's famous Tom Yum soup. I believe it to be the best lunch in Bloomington. Very stinky, very memorable. We then walked over to campus to a harp recital at the music school. Gave the fam a short tour of the music nerd side of campus. The harpist, Holland Hettinger, was divine. I received a heart-shaped brie for Valentine's Day. Now THAT's romance.

2 comments:

Caroline Paquita said...

Heart shaped brie? Someone must really love you! I want one too.

ally. said...

oh little tibet was so tasty. i miss eating it so often. i really want half yellow curry and half sag sabji with a few cho cho noodles on top. that's the dish i want next time. i'm 3 timin it!