Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ren Faire Fare, or, the Queen is Dead






Fishers Renaissance Faire 2009! Many delicious experiences this year. Huzzah! (ok, got that over with.) I didn't go for the "dirty kinky fries" that the guy was making with a power drill curly fry maker, but I did opt for some hummus and pita from the local mediterranean deli. Some SCA-ers did roast some unidentifiable animal on a spit as they do every year, and it looked scary and tasty, as meat on a spit almost always does. You may be able to see in the picture above: he is also making unleavened biscuits over the fire. They was also a stew that I wish I could've had a taste of with cabbage and herb bundles, carrots and chunks of something. I didn't get to see the Queen this year, but hopefully she got a better response than last year. Last year she walked by and I was the only one that curtsied. Oh well. I guess we're about due for an uprising anyway. The archers shown above have nothing to do with food but look at that butt!

1 comment:

roxbnl8 said...

plague free food!!

infernal device!!

where was i?