Sunday, December 7, 2008

Muffin Tin Sunday/ Biscuit Month!



I realized why my biscuits have been turning out so well lately. I have been putting TWICE as much earth balance in them as the recipe calls for. 1/2 Cup Earth Balance for SIX biscuits. That is 1.3 Tablespoons of margarine in each biscuit. Plus I've been using water instead of soymilk. I believe soymilk sometimes weighs down a recipe. I made some peanut butter oatmeal muffins this evening. (Pictured above) I put some baking scraps in them: leftover ground walnuts, prunes, and some maple syrup. Thank you to the muffin man. I'm thinking of re-naming this blog Everyday Biscuits or Biscuits Too. Since last month had a theme, I hereby declare December internetional Biscuit Month. Now if I could only make gravy without having a nervous breakdown.

4 comments:

ally. said...

THIS IS MY MOST FAV BLOG ENTRY EVER!!! i love your treeeeeeeee.
and i love that chris is your food man model. i need a food model too.
yes you do love your biscuits. I need to come down and staaaaaay!!! maybe this coming weekend???

Faerie Tart said...

he was saying "muffins" when i took this picture. i didn't even ask him to.

ally. said...

awesome! what syllable was he on when you snapped this pic?

ally. said...

P.S. i love that we are talking back & forth thru comments