Monday, October 13, 2008

Quinoa & Wisconsin Cheeses



Went to get a Kombucha on Sunday and decided I would get some fall veg to put in some quinoa. I spent an unmentionable amount of time reading my new Martha, and there was a special article on ancient grains. I had some dry quinoa in the cabinet. I had a pot. I put them all together and this is what I got: Fall Quinoa. Very clever.

Into the cooked quinoa went: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Sweet Potato, Yellow Squash, Onion, Parsley, a bit of dried mint. The veg were roasted with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

My dad went to Wisconsin and came back with some aged cheddar and cheese curds for me, along with my favorite fresh smoked salmon from Bearcat's. I believe I am going to have a pilgrimage to this very place next month. I plan on eating nothing but smoked whitefish and herring, and breathing my pescabreath on my sister. It will be fun.

2 comments:

ally. said...

uuuummm maybe i will sit this trip out fish lady

ally. said...

btw...i love that the link to 'my dad' is the website for the famous lambeau field in green bay, wisconsin.